Ticker to Goal

Saturday 21 January 2012

Last week's madness

Well this week has been insane.

Firstly, thank you so much for all your good wishes for my mum. She came out of hospital last Saturday and has been recovering really well from the op at home, once she realised she needed to take it easy and it would be gradual. She gets the results on Tuesday. Please continue to keep us all in your thoughts and prayers.


This hasn't been the greatest week at work either. I know I'm a good teacher, but like everyone from time to time, I have slips and don't do things as well as I could. I also understand that my boss might need to point this out but she doesn't need to shout at me in front of the office staff and some children. It's not like she doesn't know what I am going through at the moment but compassion is not really her strong point.

In other news, this fill is really having some positive impact. I've lost 2 lbs this week, and that is after going out last night to a pampered chef party. I'd never heard of it before but apparantly it's a big thing in the states and there were lots of yummy nibbles. We made wedges with salsa and sour cream cheese dip and little banoffee tartlets. Since I am allegic to bananas, I had special chocolate caramel tartlets (4 just for me) and oh my god they were yummy. I had dinner before I went because I didn't know about making the food and then picked for ages. It was sooooo delicious. On Friday morning it was 3 1/2 but I guess all that nibbling didn't help.

Fingers crossed for next week.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I've never been to a pampered chef party, but I hear they're fun. Glad you had a good time!