Ticker to Goal

Friday 13 April 2012

Ten things Thursday

Brought to us by the lovely Laura Belle is my favourite day of blogging randomness; ten things Thursday.

1)  I have been a super rubbish blogger this holiday. I am so sorry and I don't blame any of you for taking me of your reading list, but please don't because I will try harder and blog more. I am going to aim for 3-4 times a week. I worry I don't have anything interesting to say and those dedicated followers I have will soon die of boredom reading my ramblings.

2)  For those of you who have never heard of Russell Howard (an incredibly sexy English comedian and one of the funniest men on the planet) let me introduce you. I saw him live last year and actually nearly wet myself from laughing so hard. He has just returned for another series of his "Good News" show which essentially takes the utter rubbish news stories from the week and reports them with humour. This isn't hard when you consider the "news" stories published by "news"papers such as the Daily Mail or Metro along with clips from you tube virals It is so funny. For those of you in the UK, he's on Thursdays at 9 pm on BBC3.

3)  

In the UK, a country known internationally for it's rain, we have a hose pipe ban. Why? There is not enough water in the reservoirs. It has been a very dry autumn, winter and spring and now any rain we get is "the wrong type of rain!" Basically, we can't use hose pipes to water the garden or wash the car because buckets and watering cans are more water efficiant. Russell (see point 2) drew attention to a Daily Mail story how people are up in arms about their poor brown grass. They suggest amoungst other tricks registering as disabled or setting fire to your shed. (yes the daily mail is that crazy)

4)  I am not only a bad blogger but a bad exercise bunny too. I haven't been since before the school holidays started. I know I should get up early and go tomorrow but I can also say now it's not going to happen. I have to go into work first thing, come back for a nail appointment, go back to work, come home, get ready for Saturday's diving course (5 am start) and go out to dinner. There is no way I can manage the gym as well. I will go on Sunday but I do find getting motivated so hard. How do you all manage it?

5)  My band is still really quite tight. I like how little I can eat (or not) but I have to be very careful with the chewing. One tiny little bit not chewed to a liquid and up it all comes. I am persisting through TOM this week before making any unfill decisions. I am so close to perfect. I don't get hungry. I stay sated. The most I would want out would be 0.1 ml


Here I had half a jacket potato with baked beans, cheese and salad. PB'd on a bean I swallowed instead of chewed (after 3 or 4 bites) and then proceeded to eat the rest of my dinner with no problem. The next night I had 4 really dry chicken satay skewers, 1 small spring roll and 2 small spoons of crispy seaweed no problems (slow but steady). Please note this is holiday not regular food.

6)  So many of my friends are pregnant at the moment, I am just a little bit jealous. Delighted for them but jealous. Evil head continues to mutter that I don't have forever and I try to ignore it but I know it's got a bit of a point. Still more babies = more cuddles = happy Sarah. 

7)  The Hunger Games. Oh My Gosh! These books are incredible!!!!!! They aren't quite as unputdownable as Harry Potter was the first time I read them (first 3 books in 2 days, all of the others bought at midnight and finished the same day) but they are excellent and well written. I do like an author who has a good grasp of sentence manipulation. The characters are realistic while plots are compelling and well developed. I still haven't finished the third but I am engrossed.

8)  So last weekend was my diving trip to Swanage in Dorset.

 

We arrived Friday evening and after settling into our little cottage/flat, we had a lovely dinner at a local pub. Saturday we met friends in the town and made plans for Sunday diving because Monday was supposed to be a blow out. Part of me was really nervous when we booked a boat dive but it was all good, even though we couldn't see anything. We went down to 12 m I didn't even think about being banded diving this time and it didn't feel any different to diving to those depths before. I ate a few hours before the boat dive, had coffee right before we left and hot chocolate on the boat back with no adverse effects at all. Also check out how good I look in my double layer semi-dry! I've got another photo of me from behind too. The last time I was in this suit, I was about 2 stone heavier (28 lbs) and I think its noticable :oD

9) The holiday has gone far too quickly. I have A LOT of work I need to catch up on and I've not been doing it. Bad Sarah. I also need to get my little backside in gear about applying for new jobs. I won't have a new one for September sitting around not doing anything about it. If anyone has any good techniques for getting yourself motivated ... I would love to hear them.

10) No progress with fish shop guy. Happy easter messages and confessions he is rubbish but we are no closer to a movie night date. :o( Fingers crossed for soon though. Boys eh!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad you had a fab vacation! I am always much tighter around my TOM so I would wait to unfill until that has passed. Unless you are so tight that you can't eat or drink. XXXX

MandaPanda said...

MOtivation to exercise is one of the toughest things for me. Once the "newness" of losing weight was gone and it was taking longer to see evena lb drop on the scale, motivation waned but we'll get there. :) Sounds like a fun holiday!

Andrea said...

Glad you're back to blogging! It looks like you had a fun holiday!