Ticker to Goal

Thursday 19 April 2012

Ten things Thursday

I love 10 things Thursday. A little bit of randomosity brought to us by the lovely Laura

1)   I got to bed on Sunday at 2:40 am. My alarm goes off at 6:10. I promised myself an early night but have not made it to bed before midnight yet.

2)    I applied for a new job yesterday at an independent school about 4 miles from my home. Longer school days but more money, longer holidays and much smaller classes (and so less marking!). Being paid for by parents, it should also be better resourced with less economic constrictions. Given that this week at my school we are having photocopier issues again, I think it's a really exciting prospect. I had to tell my head teacher. It's how teaching jobs work in the UK as they take references before they call you for interview but she was alright about it. I am keeping my fingers crossed. The application form was a real pain though. Hopefully it will put a lot of people off but it has contributed to all the late nights trying to get it done. Don't know why they couldn't use the same form as all the state schools in Herts do.

3)    I am also going to see two other schools next week. Generally as teachers we get a tour of the school before you decide if you want to apply. They are both community state schools (non-religious) and in the town I live in. I don't know much about them so we shall have to wait and see.

4)   I am having trouble staying away from the chocolate biscuits :o( I am lacking in willpower this week.

5)   I have not been to the gym still. I feel like I need the boot camp colonel from the episode of desperate housewives (where Gaby joins and quits as soon as she looses the few pounds she wanted to) to show up with my exercise class on my doorstep. That might get my little backside into gear.

6)   Tonight is dive club. I have to go and get my log book signed from the weekends diving. I am looking forward to spending a couple of hours with some friends and trying not to stress about school. It's a really fun group of people and I always have a great time. It's a shame it isn't closer so I could go more frequently. Still have to mark a batch of books, and make 2 sets of worksheets before that. Probably won't get there until 9.

7)   Tomorrow I am having a Pampered Chef party. My friend L has just become a rep and it will be her first party. She is coming about 70 miles to do it, in rush hour traffic too. I hope it goes well for her. We are making potato wedges with cream cheese dip and mango salsa followed by toffee apple bites. Yummy. If nothing else though, I am really looking forward to a good girly gossip night.


8)   Fish shop guy and I had more flirty texts Friday and Saturday but we are still no closer to our movie night. Disappointing but ho hum.

9)  We are having a potato growing competition between the classes at school. We planted them this afternoon and carted the bag out to the rain. I need to google how to grow better potatoes because I am a rubbish gardener and, in all honesty, I could kill a plastic plant.

10) New series of Bones resumed again last night :oD Whoop Whoop.

2 comments:

RockBand Barbie said...

Good luck on your job search! When I got hired at my new school I had never been to the school and I had never met even one person there...everything was done over the phone or internet (application and interviews).

I love Pampered Chef! My old assistant use to sell it and I would buy a lot of it and give it out for Christmas presents.

Andrea said...

I'm going to a Pampered Chef party on Sunday. Love their stuff!