Ticker to Goal

Wednesday 6 June 2012

There must be something wrong with my scale ... and dietician update.

I have not seen any significant scale movement since March. MARCH I say! I track, I eat more protein, I reduce my calories, I exercise more and nothing. NOTHING. Then finally on Saturday a ray of hope appeared. I was down 2 more tiny pounds. I loved them so much. I was so thrilled. But apparently dear readers pounds on this fat girl are like buses (at least UK buses) where you get nothing show up for ages and then 6 turn up at once.


This is the 3rd pound I have lost since Saturday!!!!!! It's not like I have been a super good girl either. Normally I loose a little and the scales jump about for a bit before settling but this has just been down, down, down. I don't want to sound like I am complaining because I am thrilled but I am not quite sure how this happened.

I said as much to the dietician today. She said (and this here is a direct quote) "scales can't add up" I was genuinely shocked. Not that I actually thought the scales could count but the point she went on to make was that it is the trend that is important. Sometimes it takes a while for things to register but as long as calories stay low and exercise is being done, the numbers will go down. She looked at my food diary and didn't tell me off for some of my indiscretions. She said I was doing well with the protein. I expressed my concern about the amount of protein and lack of carbs because I don't stay sated and she said it was fine as long as they are the right texture ie 1 piece of wholemeal toast is ok as is wholemeal pasta, pitta or rice as long as it goes with some protein. We discussed the Don't eat if you are not hungry philosophy which she dislikes but seems to be working better for me than trying to force food down my throat just because it is x o'clock. She made it clear she dislikes my daily weigh ins but I made it clear I find them helpful and that will not be changing. We went around in a circle with her saying why it is bad and it can be demotivating and people even subconsciously change their behaviour because of it. I said I did change my behaviour because of it and that was why I did it. I don't put on weight when I get on the scale everyday. I have another face to face appointment booked for when school breaks up in July but I am to call if I have another plateau.

So anyways, I am thrilled with my little weight loss roll that I seem to be on this week. I am off to the gym now but for those of you who do not do weight conversion maths ...

check out my other number ...


Sorry. Is that a bit hard to make out?


Yes, my friends, I have made it to one-derland. Fingers crossed, I will never see the other side of 200 again.

11 comments:

Amy said...

way to go!!! ONEDERLAND!! :) And you know what, I weigh daily. It helps tremendously! I enter it on myfitnesspal via iphone. I can match up my weights with my monthly cycle and see the changes. I know that after I have an "off" day, I might not want to weigh the next morning. So I don't. I control it, ya know? Do what you want and what feels right for you. :) Stepping off soapbox...

Sarah G said...

WOO HOO for ONEDERLAND!!

jennxaz said...

woot woot-----nice onderland!!!!!!

Melissa @ Faster In Water said...

Eeeee! Destination: Onederland! You have arrived! Congratulations!

Rachel said...

YAY ONEDERLAND!!!!!

alycejo said...

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to get back into onederland!

Leigh said...

Congrats on getting to onederland!!! I'm hopeful tomorrows weigh in will bring me there too:-)

Mari said...

You are doing so awesome! Don't even question the scale, just take it! It's funny, even though we measure in stones, onederland is still exciting, no? Who did you have your surgery with? I've found my dieticians at the hospital group to be fairly useless. Love x

#fatfreefloozy said...

yee hah! Thank you so much for your gorgeous comment! So lovely. I would suddenly drop weight too with no rhyme or reason. But am safely in plateau land now.

MandaPanda said...

Onederland!!! Wahoo!!!

Gotta tell you...dieticians bug the crap out of me. They all have this "one size fit all" approach that just isn't realistic.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

Way to go Onderland!! WOO HOO!!!!! I completely relate with staying put on a number forever and then suddenly getting on a roll. I've been doing this too for the past 4 months or so. That seems to be how my body wants to play it.. Hold on for dear life and then give up the pounds . Then hold on again!!!